Candles - Care and Safety
Now that you have a gorgeous high quality candle, you'll want it to burn beautifully, so we've put together our top candle tips to improve the quality of your candle burn and explain some of our safety guidelines.
With the right care our candles will burn cleaner and last longer.
1. Trim your wick! Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm. This will give a much cleaner burn and prevent the candle from creating soot.
2. Keep your candles away from drafts to keep the flame steady. An unsteady flame causes soot and gives off a smoky scent.
3. Allow the wax pool to fully melt to the edge of the candle before extinguishing. By doing this your candle will last much longer, and burn without tunnelling.
4. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Candle snuffers prevent excess smoke escaping when the wick is being extinguished.
5. When your candle reaches 5mm from the bottom, it's time to say goodbye. Leaving any candle to burn right out can cause the container or surface to become very hot when there is little wax left.
IMPORTANT CANDLE SAFETY
- Never leave candles unattended
- Keep candles on a heatproof surface.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm.
- Never handle candles that are in use.
- Keep candles away from drafts.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable surfaces.
- Do not place multiple candles less than 5cm apart.
- Keep away from other sources of heat.
- Extinguish using a candle snuffer.
- Do not drop matches or any other objects into the wax.